Friday August 26, 2016
6 – 10 PM
This Fundraiser Will Be Hosted @
730 Broadway Ave 44146
Get creative and come made up as your favorite undead or let the Bloodview Haunted House or the Ohio Gorematory zombie you up for an additional fee. (Starts at $5 and goes up from there, depending on what level of dead you want to sport). The proceeds of this event are being split between Crossroads Universal and the Southeast Clergy Foodbank.
Zombies may arrive as early as 6 PM to start getting makeup. Zombie walk will start at 7 PM. After the walk, ham it up with us during the Zombie Karaoke.
Yes, even zombies have rules.
The organizers of the Cleveland Pagan Pride Zombie Walk will not be held responsible for the actions of the event participants. By attending this event you agree to follow these rules. Your cooperation will ensure that this event continues for years to come.
1) DO NOT touch anyone/anything (especially storefront windows) that is not playing. NO EXCEPTIONS. Even though you and I may love this kind of thing there may be others who do not, respect their space and they will respect our zombie rights. Yes, this means dripping, splattering blood too. Keep it to yourself.
2) DO NOT attempt to scare anyone who is not a willing participant. If anyone is freaking out, turn and shamble in the opposite direction. There are plenty of other brains out there…
3) No walking out into the street or traffic…stay on the sidewalks, zombies! Again a great way to get hurt or arrested, not to mention possibly causing an accident. The undead can still bruise rather well. Cleveland Pagan Pride zombies use crosswalks and obey the walk/don’t walk signs. It’s okay to break character to cross safely. Just use what little bit of brains you have left in your head, people.
4) Any weaponry should be easily discernible as fake. Keep bright obnoxious orange caps on the end of toys guns.
NO REPLICA WEAPONS, the word replica implies “like the real thing”.
NO PAINTBALL OR AIRSOFT GUNS. Not only are they dangerous, they are illegal to use in public areas. These are projectile weapons capable of inflicting serious injury. DO NOT BRING THEM.
Police officers will be present. You have been warned.
5) As fun as it would be, no part of your costume should squirt or project any liquid or objects.
6) No profanities…This a an Undead Kid Friendly event (and zombies don’t talk anyway) We will most likely walk by many innocent children during the walk, no need to warp their minds any further than seeing the walking dead already will.
7) Ham it up!
8) Walk like a zombie: This is not a speed-walking event, zombies lurch, crawl, limp, slither, etc. Think more Romero zombie, not “run” zombie except for avoiding traffic.
9 ) Stay on public property: DO NOT go into stores or other private properties. Stick to the sidewalk.
11) Be creative: Yes, we love gory zombies but we also love funny themed zombies. Get creative and come up with a unique theme for your undead.